Sunday, March 24, 2013

THE AFTERMATH....

Once again it has been a while, more than a little while, since I have written anything here.  I think I just need to own up to the fact that I am a bad blogger, well, I'm just bad at the whole "social media" thing all together.    But, I keep trying.  Just because you're not good at something doesn't mean that you shouldn't keep trying to get better at it.  Like I've said before, practice, practice, practice.

As for the aftermath, I'm speaking of the aftermath of a spree through one my favorite Etsy shops, ArteBellaSurplus.  I absolutely love this store.  I'm a Czech glass freak and this store lets me get my freak on in a big way.  I always get my beads quickly and I have never been disappointed with anything that I have ordered.  Plus, they always have some of the most unusual Czech glass beads I have ever found.  As a matter of fact, just look at what happened the last time I went shopping...



I love everything that I bought.  Maybe a little too much.  Sometimes I don't realize how much I buy, until I start emptying all those little bags.  There was a whole pile of little bags by the time I emptied all of them.  I did put some of those beads to good use today.



I thought about this bracelet for two days before I got a chance to sit down and make it.  In my head I have been calling it Sand and Surf.  In the past, I haven't been big on making bracelets, but every once in while, an idea for one will come into my head and will not let go.  I knew when I was taking the beads out of the bags, what they would become.  I really love this bracelet.



I knew what would become of these beads when I took them out of the bag, too.  I've had these wooden beads for a while and I knew when I saw these deep red discs that I was going to pair with these wooden squares.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but they are deep red.  The Irish linen is also a deep "country" red. There are blueish-green specks on the discs and the small barrel beads are actually the same colors as the discs.



Several of the new Czech glass that I have seen this year have this fantastic acid finish that make them resemble pebbles and rocks.  You get the best of both worlds with a really organic look with spectacular colors.  These beads just cried out for deep, rich aged copper.



Nothing in these earrings are new.  I've had all of this in my stash of beads, but I was on a roll this afternoon, so I just kept going with the flow.  I really love these earrings.  The picture isn't great, you really need to see them hanging, but I couldn't get a good picture of them.  I'm really happy with everything that I accomplished today.

HAPPY CREATING.... 

2 comments:

  1. Great jewelry! Makes me want to go to the beach.

    I’m part of the bead soup party. Looking forward to the reveals. I'm now following you. I have a new blog. Please consider following my jewelry blog. Thanks.
    http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that store too and just got a package from her today. Of course your puts mine to shame. I love the earrings with the wood cubes but everything you made is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete