Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ingredients are assembled.....

My Bead Soup Party ingredients are gathered together and will go into the mail to my partner, Jes Brower, by this weekend.  I'm looking forward to another challenge and welcome the chance to work with components that I didn't pick out for myself.  I hope that Jes likes what I chose.  I actually chose my ingredients before I got my partner, but I think they are challenging enough for jewelry designers of all levels.  I know if I received them, I would have to sit and stew with them quite a while before coming up with something to make. (Not to scare Jes or anything.)

I've also been busy making and trying to sell some earrings.  I appear to be in an earring creating frame of mind.  A good deal of last year was spent making necklaces that went exactly nowhere.  They are wrapped up and waiting for a better time to shine.  I think my regular customers were just not in the mood for necklaces.  Anyway, my earring inventory is running at about 30 to 40 pair right now.

I've also discovered that the best way to photograph my products are on the window sill in the family room.  It is an East facing window and gets great morning sun.  It really gets great light all day long actually.  The sill itself is snarly old wood that looks great in pictures.  I think that I'll be taking all of my pictures here.  See for yourselves....


These are straight out of my phone with no editing.  I ran them through Pickmonkey to create the collage, but that's it.  Obviously they need to be tweeked a bit, but the light and background are great.

Not bad at all...


HAPPY CREATING TO ALL...

No comments:

Post a Comment