Saturday, February 9, 2013

LET YOUR HEART SOAR.....

 
 
When  I saw these charms in one of my favorite Etsy shops, Fallen Angel Brass, I fell in love.  They reminded my of those great old school tatoos.  If they were tatoos they would have Mom in the center of the heart.  They were originally great without any color, but I really wanted that old faded tatoo color to them.  Guilders paste to the rescue.  I added tulip red and Inca gold, let it dry for just a few minutes and then hit them with some Renaissance Wax with my finger.  When I did that, just enough of the guilders paste came off and allowed the metal to shine through.  Plus, the colors muted out and and gave it the faded look I was going for.

Then I got to playing around with Picmonkey, and made these photos.  Not the best by any means, but a little different for me.

My Bead Soup Party mix is ready to be mailed out.  I thought my local mail store was open later, but they closed at 3:00.  I missed it by an hour, so they will have to go into the mail on Monday.  I'll miss the deadline by a day, but there wasn't much I could do about it.  I really like what I put together and can't wait to see what my partner does with what I will be sending her.

Ta-ta for now....Happy Creating



No comments:

Post a Comment